Neil Woodfine is the Growth Manager for Wyre in Asia and the Organiser of Beijing’s Bitcoin Meetup. In part one of the conversation on Bitcoin in China, Neil talks to about:
- How Wyre uses Bitcoin to make RMB payments into China.
- The key users of Bitcoin in China: exchanges, miners and investors.
- The attractiveness of Bitcoin as a speculative asset in China.
- The policy environment for Bitcoin development in China.
- How Bitcoin is used more like a currency hedge within China, rather than a means to evade China’s strict capital controls.